Monday, August 12, 2013

Still on vacation

slate and recycled wood coaster
Its been a few days of odd jobs around the house.  I haven't had a summer at home for three or four years and even though I have Elfshot work that I should be concentrating on, I can't help but take advantage of the season.  I put in some grass seed the other day and today was sunny and breezy, so we used the good drying conditions as an excuse to pop off the front doors and paint them black to go with the new clapboard and fixtures we got over the winter.  The workshop has gotten a bit of use, but I'm not churning out Elfshot reproductions; I'm making deck accessories.  I made a few of these little slate and wood arm coasters to fit the deck furniture and re-topped an old set of cast iron legs to make a small table for the propane grill.    

This was once a little garden bench, but currently its a grill table.

Photo Credits: Tim Rast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails